Kenny Ortega is a well-known producer, director, and choreographer. He directed as well as choreographed films like High School Musical and Hocus Pocus.
Who is Kenny Ortega?
Kenneth John Ortega, better known as Kenny Ortega, is a successful director and producer in America. He is equally popular in both the television and film industries. He has choreographed popular films like Xanadu, One from the Heart, St. Elmo’s Fire, Pretty in Pink, Dirty Dancing, etc. Ortega has directed several films, including Newsies, Hocus Pocus, Michael Jackson’s This Is It, A Change of Heart, and others. The personality has led and produced TV series like Hull High, High School Musical 2, Descendants, Descendants 2, Descendants 3, Julie and the Phantoms, and others. Ortega also directed and choreographed concerts of famous artists like Michael Jackson, Gloria Estefan, and Cher.
Kenny Ortega has been recognized numerous times for his contribution. In 1985, he was nominated for the MTV Video Music Awards for Best Choreography in a Video Madonna: Material Girl. Ortega was nominated eight times for the Primetime Emmy Awards, among which he won thrice in 2002 and 2006. He won two ALMA Awards consecutively in 2007 and 2008. As a successful choreographer, Ortega won four American Choreography Awards in 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2004. He was also nominated for the prestigious Black Reel Awards, Daytime Emmy Awards, and Gold Derby Awards but unfortunately could not win them. Ortega won an Imagen Foundation Award in 2010 for Best Director in Film- This Is It.
|Birth Name||Kenneth John Ortega|
|Birth Date||April 18, 1950 (Age 71)|
|Birth Place||Palo Alto, California, USA|
|Other Names||Kenny Ortega|
|Parent(s)||Madeline Ortega, Octavio Ortega|
|Sibling(s)||Mark Ortega, Debra Lee Ortega|
|High School||Sequoia High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Choreographer|
|Active Years||1980- Present|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Social Media Handles||InstagramTwitter|
|Net worth||$14 million|
What are the career highlights of Kenny Ortega?
- Being cheerleader of the school theatre group to one of the most successful producers in America, Kenny Ortega has come a long way. He started his professional career as a supporting actor in plays like Oliver! and Hair. He got a chance to produce the musical Jesus Christ Superstar but could not accept the order.
- Ortega then joined the rock band The Tubes as a choreographer, where he worked for around ten years. The newly became choreographer worked with the rock band KISS, musician Cher, and Michael Jackson. The personality has also choreographed notable events like Super Bowl XXX, the 72nd Academy Awards, the 1996 Summer Olympics and the 2002 Winter Olympics. After the success of the concerts, and the choreographer worked in the 1980 film Xanadu. Gradually, Ortega got a chance to work with Disney, where he worked in films like High School Musical and The Cheetah Girls 2 and directed High School Musical 2 and High School Musical 3: Senior Year. He further ran and choreographed Disney television film Descendants and its sequels.
Who are Kenny Ortega’s parents?
- Madeline Ortega is the mother, and Octavio Ortega is the father of the director-producer Kenny Ortega. He has two siblings, namely Mark Ortega and Debra Lee Ortega. The director was born on April 18, 1950, in Palo Alto, California, USA. Ortega attended Sequoia High School and was a cheerleader in the school theatre group. The director has a height of 5.10 feet and a weight of 75 kg.
Is Kenny Ortega straight?
- Kenny Ortega came out as gay. He never married anybody, and there is no information about his relationships. While talking about his sexuality and the industry, he expressed that the industry has been very kind to him as he barely received judgements and criticism over his sexual orientation.
Is Kenny Ortega rich?
- Kenny Ortega has gained fame as well as wealth in his career. His net worth is $14 million.
- Kenny Ortega is 71 years old.
- He is gay.
- Ortega’s birth sign is Aries.