Lee Daniels is one of the best directors and producers in the United States of America, best known for producing the Oscar-winning film Monster’s Ball.
Who is Lee Daniels?
Lee Daniels is a director, screenwriter, and producer hailing from the United States of America. His most famous films are Monster’s Ball, Precious, The Paperboy, The Butler, Concrete Cowboy, Pimp, The United States vs Billie Holiday, and others. Daniels has also acted in two films- A Little Off Mark and Agnes und seine Brüder. The director has opened up to be gay. He has become an influential LGBT personality in the industry with numerous masterpieces in the form of films.
For his contributions, Daniels has received many recognitions. His produced film Monster’s Ball received an Oscar in the category of Best Actress. Daniels’ film Precious was nominated for the Academy Awards in Best Director and Best Picture categories. He received a Hollywood Award in the Acapulco Black Film Festival in 2014 for his film The Butler. In 2009, Daniels won the award of Best Director in the movie Precious from the African-American Film Critics Association.
The director bagged three Black Reel Awards in 2005 and 2010. In 2009, Daniels won the Artistic Achievement Award and Audience Choice Award in the Chicago International Film Festival for Precious. He has also won a Danish Film Awards for the same film in 2011. The director won two Independent Spirit Awards in Films in 2010. He received a Hollywood Film Award in Director of the Year in 2013 for The Butler.
|Birth Name||Lee Daniels|
|Birth Date||December 24, 1959 (Age 61)|
|Birth Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Parent(s)||William Daniels, Clara Watson|
|High School||Radnor High School|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Active Years||1986- Present|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Relationship||In a relationship|
|Spouse(s)||Billy Hopkins (Divorced)|
|Boyfriend(s)||Jahil Fisher (Present)|
|Children||Clara Daniels, Liam Daniels|
|Social Media Handles||InstagramTwitter|
|Net worth||$25 million|
What is Lee Daniels’ profession?
- Lee Daniels is a celebrated American director and producer. Before working in the film industry, Daniels started working in a nursing agency. Later on, he found his nursing agency, but soon he sold it to venture into Hollywood. At first, he was working as a casting director in the film industry. During this time, he appeared in a few documentaries, such as My Big Break. Daniels made his producing debut with the 2001 film Monster’s Ball. Its success lies in the several recognitions that the film has received. In 2004, he produced the film The Woodsman. Daniel made his directorial debut with the 2005 film Shadowboxer.
- For which, Daniels was nominated for Best New Director in the San Sebastian Film Festival. He produced the film Precious in 2009, which is based on the novel Push. The movie became so popular that it was nominated for two Academy Awards. One of Daniel’s best directorial films is The Paperboy, released in 2012 starring Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, John Cusack, and Nicole Kidman. The following year, another directorial hit film was released with The Butler. Lee Daniels Entertainment has produced super hit films like Concrete Cowboy, released in 2020, Pimp in 2018, and The United States vs Billie Holiday 2021.
What is the physical appearance of Lee Daniels?
- Lee Daniels is a 61 years old director-producer. His eyes are black so is his hair. The director has a bodyweight of 78 kg and has a height of 5.10 feet. He attended Radnor High School and graduated from Lindenwood University. Daniel’s parents are William Daniels, Clara Watson, and his sibling’s name is Leah Daniels.
Is Lee Daniels gay?
- Lee Daniels has opened up as gay. He married Billy Hopkins, but the couple is reportedly divorced. They adopted two kids- Clara Daniels, Liam Daniels. Lee is in a relationship with Jahil Fisher at present.
What is Lee Daniels’ net worth?
- Lee Daniels’ net worth is 25 million US dollars.
- Lee Daniels is in a relationship with Jahil Fisher.
- He is 5.10 feet tall.
- Daniels directed the film The Paperboy.
- His birth sign is Capricorn.